Monday, October 6, 2008

$30.90 Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD (SD 2.0 SPD CLASS 6) with Compact Card Reader

$30.90 Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD (SD 2.0 SPD CLASS 6) with Compact Card ReaderBrand: Transcend
Category: CE

ORDER NOW!!!

The transcend 16GB October 6, 2008
I have all my importan documents on one place, the transcend 16GB easy to keep, read and the most importan, they are secure.


Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD.. Amazing storage capacity October 6, 2008
We are taking pictures nonstop and glad we haven't even come close to "disk full" like our old chip. Just note, that given the robust capacity, sometimes difficult to offload in any computer store given the mammoth capacity of this card and high byte capacity.


Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD.. Plenty of space, low cost... great buy! October 6, 2008
I purchased the Transcend because I wanted to test the speed compared to my Sandisk Extreme III (until now I was a loyal Sandisk customer, but the prices are too high compared to competition). I used the 16gb Transcend 133x in my Canon EOS 1D Mark III, fine jpeg, at 10fps and I didn't see much of a difference in the write speed, if any. I did see a small difference in the read speed when copying files from my card to my Mac Pro...but not enough of a difference to warrant it being triple the cost. I see no reason to spend the extra $$ on Sandisk and will start using Transcend. Don't get me wrong, I do own a $4500 camera and a $5000 Mac Pro, so spending money for better products is something I'm very willing to do, but I just can't justify it in this case.


Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD Excellent Value - but be careful where you order it from... October 5, 2008
I purchased this package (Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD with Compact Card Reader) from Amazon.com about two months ago. The SD card was meant to be used in my Canon S5 camera. But I soon discovered that it works extremely well in the included card reader as an USB flash drive. So I ended up using it mainly for data backup and transfer between my laptop and desktop computers.

So far, the card has proven to be fast and reliable. As first I was skeptical about its speed rating of 'class 6' (which means minimum 6MB/S in writing). But my own benchmark showed that this card is actually capable of writing at 11.5MB/S - nearly twice its specified minimum data transfer rate. Just for reference, the Sandisk Ultra II card claims a transfer rate of 15MB/S, but it costs about twice as much.

Based on my favorable experience, I recently ordered the same package from TheMemStore. To my surprise, this time I received only the SD card and no card reader (check my Customer Image to see the two different packages). Another difference I noticed is that the first package from Amazon was made in Taiwan, whereas the second one from TheMemStore was made in China. Perhaps this explains why several reviewers have reported poor reliability with this card?

Considering its low cost, this Transcend card is an excellent buy. But please make sure that you order it from a reputable vendor only.



Transcend 16GB SDHC CARD.. Works as it is supposed to. October 4, 2008
I bought this card to use in my Canon HF100 video camera and it works flawlessly. In addition, transferring video to the computer is fast and I can even edit video directly from the card with Sony Vegas Pro 8. If you find a good price on this card I suggest buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment